Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?

COW Forums : Nucoda

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

adam taylorRe: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:23:21 pm

Speaking as a jack of all trades, i don't think a unified solution is going to work.

I like having separate apps for different aspects of my work. I don't think its reasonable to expect one app to be the master of every discipline. And to think its ever going to be so, its just wishful thinking.

I like to be able to pick the right tool for the job, and if that means i edit my video in fcp, but cut and mix audio in Protools, whilst using After Effects to create motion graphics,and Cinema4d to bring in a 3rd dimension to my ideas, then i'm happy working that way.

The other thing i tend to do, is to have my audio software running on a separate mac from the video software. Protools is notoriously slow at updating, so i avoid any conflicts by keeping everything on different machines. Using a KVM matrix means i can use the same dual-screen monitors and my wacom/keyboard regardless of the mac powering them. It also means i can be rendering on one mac whilst dubbing on another. It also gives me a backup system should one mac develop a fault.

I'd hate to be reliant on one app/one mac for my entire workflow. Thats just silly.

I want the software developers to be refining their own products to be as good as possible, rather than being as all encompassing as possible. Forget one size fits all - i'm a big guy, and one size certainly does not fit all...ever!

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS