Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David JohnsonRe: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:52:36 am

[Zane Barker] Sure better integration of compressor into the apps is needed but there still needs to be a stand alone compressor.

I see that my "having to go to a separate app to output your work is silly" is easily interpreted as an argument against stand-alone compression tools, but as part of a case against combining all the pro apps, what I was getting at is that advanced exporting/compression is the only of the pro app functions that seems to make sense to integrate into FCP. I see no reason why the functions of Compressor available as part of FCP would necessarily have to mean those functions are not accessible without running FCP. Then again, I'm not a software coder.

[Zane Barker] "Should one have to go back to FCP every time he is asked to deliver in a different format. NO. I make it a practice to archive to hard drive the things I edit in the original codec they were edited."

So do I and most editors, but it sure would be nice to finish an edit and have the option to directly export files for full-rez master, DVD, web, iPad, iPhone, etc., etc. all at once from inside FCP ... with the control over each that Compressor allows, yet with the close integration of a batch export. Perhaps what I'm really saying is do away with batch export and replace it with Compressor-like functionality ... sure, I'd like to the option to compress without opening FCP, but in today's world, having to use a separate app to generate common deliverables seems like having to use a separate app to master to tape.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]