Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardiRe: Who would like a unified interface for FCS?
by on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:38:20 am

I would not want a unified interface. I prefer the apps to be kept as individual apps rather than one big bloated app.

Like Adobe CS5 which features Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Encore and more. Can you imagine the complete mess you would have if you took all of those and mashed them into one app?

You would end up with a completely bloated app that featured everything in one but could not do everything well. And I can't imagine how long it would take to open the app, how much RAM you would require to run it at a decent speed, and how it would ultimately slow down your computer to run a "super app."

[Morten Ranmar] "In my opinion they can throw away Motions "3D compositing", Soundtrack Pros audio file editing, and Colors alienated interface - and concentrate on creating a product that saves us time, and integrates with professional industry standards."

Motion 3D compositing is very slick and one of the things it does pretty well.

Soundtrack Pro is used in our facility quite a bit, would hate to see that go.

Have you actually learned Color? Quite a simple interface to use and quite honestly, some of that interface would be good to bring into FCP.

Final Cut Pro doesn't integrate into Professional Industry Standards? Since when? That's quite the statement for a product that has delivered hundreds of network broadcast HD programs from our shop alone and we're just a small production company. I would say Final Cut Pro is quite the Professional Standard these days.

It's not perfect, but I would definitely not call it wanting of professional standards by any means, nor would I ever advocate a "super bloated app" in exchange of a suite of apps that work well together.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" Winner, Best Documentary, LA Reel Film Festival...

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]