Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Who would like a unified interface for FCS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Morten RanmarWho would like a unified interface for FCS?
by on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:29:37 am

As several rumors have said, Apple might be working on a unified interface to combine its studio apps into one single application. Personally I believe this could lead to great improvements for workflow, if they can create a application that is stable, and compatible with other editors and high-end finishing apps.

I often find myself trying to do everything in Final Cut Pro; including basic motion graphics, sound editing to colorgrading - but there are a lot of short-comings, so I eventually find myself round-tripping between the apps, using a lot of time and creating a lot of confusing project files. To be honest I do not use Motion, Soundtrack Pro, and Color for my high-end work; here I rely on specialized applications like After Effects, Nuke, and Protools, to get the job done.

For one thing, I don't think that Apple wants to end up with a bunch of high-end applications in the Studio bundle. They tried that with Shake and Color, and the approach does not go in harmony with being a peoples product company. But I do believe that they want to bring professional video tools to the masses that go en par with their Mac Pro computers, and show the world that they are a media company.

Personally I would be satisfied if they could create an extended version of Final Cut Pro, that apart from fully embracing tape-less workflows, gives us fast and good basic compositing tools, more audio tracks with exact waveform editing and good plugin effects, and better color-grading tools - of course all in realtime or enhanced RT processing. In my opinion they can throw away Motions "3D compositing", Soundtrack Pros audio file editing, and Colors alienated interface - and concentrate on creating a product that saves us time, and integrates with professional industry standards.

For those that do not want the cluttering of combining the apps, they could create an enhanced version of Final Cut Express, that gives you professional editing at a basic level.

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Server w. X-Raid

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]