Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

FCP and AJA Lhi sync issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary NelsonFCP and AJA Lhi sync issues
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:50:38 pm

Im not sure if I should have posted this on AJA's forum, but here it goes...

First here are my specs.

(9) 2x2.26GHz Nehalem Macs with 8G ram 10.6.2
FCP (7.0.1, and all pro kit updates)
AJA Lhi (6.5)
on Terrablock 24D (all fiber clients)

All of our work is NTSC Apple Prores 422 (29.97)
and our audio is at 48k 16 bit (and perhaps 24bit, don't know if that matters...)

The issue I'm having is when editing precise cuts on the timeline, I get random sync on playback (on the canvas, not the client monitor). Sometimes is 4 frames out of sync sometimes 2, and sometimes it plays correct. It's not a drifting issue though, it just starts the playback off sync, you stop go back play again, and it will start right on, and so on, very random.

Our editors are even resorting to exporting qt's to make sure the cuts right. I have replaced the house sync (even put a machine on a black burst generator by itself), and the problem persists. Reformatted and reinstalled software, changed drivers for lhi, placed the media in a local drive,and even went back to 10.5 instead of 10.6 to no avail.

If I remove the LHi drivers, the system is dead on. No sync issues at all, yet AJA is telling me that it's the first they hear (and they've been very curious about the problem).

I am wondering if anyone else running a similar setup was experiencing the same "looseness" editing. Obviously suggestions on what to fix/troubleshoot are also welcome.

Thanks,

Gary

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]