Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hamish LancasterRe: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 2:48:43 pm

If we are just throwing out crazy ideas... (based only on the fact it wasn't tested on G5's)
Who's to say it wont run with LESS problems compared to FCS2 when it WAS officially supported.
Motion has had bugs all over the place for years, I am tempted to try FCS3 on my Quad G5 just to see i how it compares. It might be less buggy, no way of knowing if I don't give it a try. wheres the harm in finding out?

I feel sorry for the Apple staff who didn't have any G5's hanging round to test on anymore, G5's are like, awesome. they are friends for life. don;t let anyone tell you different...

when I found out the apparent 'fact' that FCS3 was intel only I felt like Apple had killed a member of my family: RIP QUAD CORE G5 2005-2009

But maybe there is hope after all...

I've never got any form of 'support' from apple when using the 'supported' hardware/software combination anyway what difference will there be now? try and understand for some people
investing in a system like a G5 is not something they planned to have to re-do only a few years later
due to apple building intel in secret for 5 years...

I have access to a macbook pro and mac pro here in my home office thanks to my partners excellent taste in her own Hardware, but If my Quad G5 can run FCS3, and the project files between these machines could talk to one another... why not let it continue to live?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]