Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ben PirouetRe: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 8:17:49 pm

Well, I know that they didn't test the software on PowerPCs. And they made no effort to make the features work on PPCs...most of the stuff might just be leftover from the crossgrade code. They designed the software and the new features with Intel machines in mind, because they are looking ahead at Snow Leopard.

Oh ok i'll take your word for that then.

Like i said, i would never recommend that anyone specifically purchases FCS3 just for a PowerPC machine, but if you've got the software already, you may as well test run it on a PowerPC machine to see it works, which for me it clearly does and does everything i want it to.

This is a big deal for me, it saves us a lot of money in the medium term. So i'm keeping FCS3 on our PowerPC machines until such time as i start encountering show-stopping problems with it.

An update to FCS will probably break it eventually. Like you said, Apple won't support it, so for major production houses, this is not a good idea to persue. But we're in Education, we can afford to test these things and hope that they work. We can't afford machine replacements though, ha :)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]