Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: Final Cut Pro 7 on a PowerPC
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 4:51:07 pm

[Ian Liuzzi-Fedun] "I thought FCP 6.0.6 supported AVC-intra? "

It does...it imports it as ProRes. BUT, FCP 7 imports it in the native codec...there is an AVCIntra codec in FCP 7.

Just to let you all know...hacking FCP to get it to work on your PPC might sound cool and fun, but if you earn a living with this machine and FCP, I recommend AGAINST it. Never hack software and expect it to work well. Apple didn't make it Intel only because they want to make more money selling computers (althought it may appear so)...no. Many of the features of the new version require an Intel mac to use, like capturing to the new ProRes codecs, the AVCIntra decoder...stuff like that. So while your PPC might get to use those cool new Markers, you cannot use Log and Transfer to convert footage to ProRes Proxy, or ProRes LT...or work with RED footage as ProRes...or possibly get shadows to work in Motion...a host of other things.

So this begs the question...WHY get FCP 7 and hack it to work on your PPC when you can't take advantage of what it has to offer?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]