Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE LIVETYPE:HomeLiveType ForumFinal CutFinal Cut Tutorials

Re: horrid quality compared to FCP basic text?

COW Forums : Apple LiveType

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mark in Chapel HillRe: horrid quality compared to FCP basic text?
by on Feb 10, 2008 at 2:40:13 pm

Hey Sjon:
This is the other Mark. Sorry if I provoked the grumpiness (if that was grumpy, you have some very sensitive friends), but that was the best little LT tutorial I've seen yet on all the different settings you need to be aware of when using this product.
Inherent in this forum, or any forum, is that we come to it in crisis (never a good mood) and try to imagine search words to find our answers in other posts. PLUS, most of us, I think, just want to get the words up on the screen and be done with it. We're not designers, we're tv producers and filmmakers trying to do everything ourselves (shoot, edit, raise money, do the laundry) and then suddenly, we crash into the realization that titling ain't that simple. LT makes it look simple - all I need to do is type and pick a color! But as you've pointed out, there's more to it.
What I never found in this forum, or even the LT help pages, (and perhaps I failed to use the right terms)is a bullet point type tutorial that says, "If you are using a (fill in the blank) timeline, here are the settings you need to change in LT." Just like you did in your last post.
I just came from a filmmaker's workshop with about 25 people in it and EVERYONE talked about how they couldn't get their titles in LT to look good. Of course, if you're a conspiracy theorist, you could say it was designed so us newbies would have to hire someone like you, a true professional. But, unfortunately, FCP and LT has encouraged the masses to get into film and tv and they want their titles, NOW (slam fist on desk).
So, unfortunately, you are dealing with the fact that the LT help pages aren't providing good solutions to our problems. But thanks for all your assistance and hope you give some thought to that tutorial.

FCP 4.5 /
OS 10.4.9 /
1Ghz G4 powerbook + 1 G ram /
LaCie External drive FW 400 150 GB /
playback deck: Pan dv2500

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter