Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

FCP7 & Avid MC6 on two partitions of the same HD drive

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mahi RahgozarFCP7 & Avid MC6 on two partitions of the same HD drive
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 4:03:11 am

Hi,
I've been an Avid user for many years but never had to take Avid projects home with me. So up until now, I've only had FCP on my home system. But now I need to be able to edit on both programs from home (and I don't wish to upgrade to FCP X). I've also just bought a new iMac (3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7) and I want to make sure I can run both FCP7 and Avid MC6 on this machine.

My questions is this: Is is possible/reasonable to partition the 1 TB drive into two internal disks and instal Snow leopard on one partition solely for the sake of keeping and running FCP7 without too many system related issues (I have FCPS2 with a FCP7 upgrade) and Lion on the other partition for Avid and all other applications that are compatible with it?

Or should I just first instal snow leopard on this brand new computer and after installing the FCP studio, upgrade to Lion and instal Avid?

I would really appreciate any advise anyone can give me regarding this.

Thanks,

Mahi

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]