Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Firewire and SCSI cards, not enough slots

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd VanSlyckFirewire and SCSI cards, not enough slots
by on Jan 25, 2007 at 9:35:00 pm

Hello
I've got My G5 with Dual 2.5ghz processor, an Atto ExpressPCI UL4D card and a firewire 800 card. The computer came with the SCSI card installed, but (unknown to me) we inherited, from the guy who used to do all the commercials for us, a Lacie 1 terabyte firewire drive. I was (and still am) working with standard def footage, so I saw no need for the SCSI card. So I bought another 1 tb drive, a firewire 800 card and life's been grand. I'm now looking into buying a DLT tape backup system that only uses SCSI. BUT, all of my slots are filled on my G5. One with a graphics card (which takes up 2 slots), the firewire card and the last one for my Decklink Extreme video card.
SO, am I hosed or what? I've seen both on apple's website and here that firewire to scsi adaptors are unreliable/not recommended. Is there another backup system that will work that could utilize firewire?

tVs

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]