Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Real-time color correction

COW Forums : Synthetic Aperture

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

dapeterRe: Real-time color correction
by on Sep 13, 2005 at 7:33:05 pm

Good luck - most of the other DI systems on the market aren't actually real-time either. There's a discussion about the FinalTouch grading systems over at hdforindies... There was a question posed to one of the guys at Da Vinci Systems, he was asked, "Will color grading become more affordable?" And he responded simply, "no"...

The question is processing power and throughput - you need a super-fast fiber RAID to move the frames around fast enough to the processor so it has enough time to apply the grade. Even discreet lustre only claims "real-time primary grading at 2k" on their website. A lot of computers today have trouble just playing back an HD video file to begin with.

I'm still waiting for 2 to come out before I decided if I'm going to bother to get it, but I'd say it's designed for people who don't want to spend $25k or more to do grading.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]