Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Re: Particular 2d/3d

COW Forums : Trapcode

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ken EckerRe: Particular 2d/3d
by on Jan 29, 2007 at 7:49:45 pm

Thanks Mylenium, but I still can't get it done. As a test, I built a vertical 3d circle being drawn as a light streak. Then I precomposed a 5 second movie and brought it in. I checked the 3d box for the movie pre-comp and set the obscuration layer of the particle circle to the movie precomp. Using all of the camera angles, I placed the movie precomp layer in the center of the circle. When I look at the movie through any camera, it's either behind the circle or in front of, but I can't get the light streak circle to draw around the movie. The streak starts at the top of the circle, and I'm trying to animate it to go behind the movie, then underneath, then in front of, then finishing at the start point. I've tried several different modes, read every thing I could find on trapcode, and am still unsuccessful. I don't think I'm an idiot, but I sure do feel like one.
Thanks for your great help Mylenuim

Ken.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Particular 2d/3d by Ken Ecker on Jan 28, 2007 at 9:09:55 pm
    • Re: Particular 2d/3d by Mylenium on Jan 29, 2007 at 8:26:36 am
      • Re: Particular 2d/3d by Ken Ecker on Jan 29, 2007 at 7:49:45 pm
        • Closure by Ken Ecker on Jan 30, 2007 at 12:49:15 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS