Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

3D paint texture tool/UV mapping difficulties

COW Forums : MAYA

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

stef lenk3D paint texture tool/UV mapping difficulties
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:04:02 am

If anyone could help me with this, I can't begin to say how grateful I would be. I am using Maya 2012, student version on a mac platform (macbook pro late 2008) to complete my masters dissertation, which is a short animation comprising digital 3d illustrations of two obstetric dolls. I have split each doll into quick select sets and I have UV mapped each resultant selection group, and paint landmarks on the object (already shaded with a simple coloured lambert) with the 3d paint tool so I can see where everything is when I bring the UV maps into photoshop. It is, however, not working. At first I didn't get an error message, the tool just refuses to paint on the object surface (have tried object, face, UVs and edges mode), now I get an error message (which makes me hopeful) that 'some surfaces have no file texture assigned to the current attribute'. However all of the surfaces have been textured with the lambert (I repeated this, also closed and reopened just to be sure.) I've searched other forums, youTube, textbooks and tutorials to no avail.
My Maya instructor who originally said this was all doable has (it turns out) never done UVmaps for photoshop, and therefore I'm in the lurch with my dissertation due in two weeks. So any any any advice would be unbelievably appreciated. I can send screen shots if necessary, of the maya files and the texture photos.

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • 3D paint texture tool/UV mapping difficulties by stef lenk on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:04:02 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]