Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: XF305 timecoding issue (really stuck now)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Al BergsteinRe: XF305 timecoding issue (really stuck now)
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:42:34 pm

Sorry for being unclear. The firmware is what I was talking about.
I'm just trying to help you over the hurdle of the couple of clips that aren't reading correctly. Perhaps by trying some of these other import methods, the TC might show up, if it's there.
The footage is apparently so similar to XDCAM that you should be able to bring it in as XDCAM directly to the FCP timeline. I've done it myself on occassion. It's not "rendered' or "conformed" properly on the timeline (meaning you need to eventually have it converted to MOV, but the 4:2:2 footage you are taking is not 'needing' to be converted to MOV to be used on the timeline. Try it out on a clip! (G) You can choose it in the FCP settings menu.

After it's in the timeline, I have then used compressor to output it to mov. But, I would think you could take the clips you have "exported to MXF" in the canon utility and simply run them through compressor to convert to MOV. I did that once upon a time, just before converting to Pr. The thing I like about Pr is that it bypasses all this conversion to FCP, saving a step, which frankly is a PITA, and costs us time and money.

So to solve your immediate problem, I'd first try just importing the raw MXF footage without converting to mov. see if the TC is still in there. If not, generate it if possible, I know I've seen examples of doing that in other NLE's, though I've never needed to generate it as I am an indie and don't usually get into that kind of conversion requirement. My xf305 is generating it just fine (knock on wood).

Good luck!

al

Al

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]