Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

XL-H1 serious playback problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

bohus blahutXL-H1 serious playback problems
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 5:38:38 am

Hi there. After lurking for many years, I'm finally posting. Wish it were under happier circumstances.

Had a huge client shoot a couple of days ago, and I shot with my trusty XL-H1. I haven't gone tapeless quite yet! I hadn't used the camera in a while, but I cleaned and tested before my shoot.

I shot four hours of footage using HD F2 mode. When I got back to the studio, the playback was looking jerky in my capture sofware. that's pretty normal, but it's stuttering in the camera's viewfinder too. The audio cuts in and out as well. When I digitize via firewire, those audio cutouts trigger the creation of a new clip, and even when I string them together I get missing audio.

I tried to play back using my HV-20, and ran into the same problem. All four tapes are exhibiting this issue which is peculiar. They're all Sony tapes (which I've used in this camera for years), and unlikely they all came from the same manufacturing batch.

I should also point out that I packed each of these tapes while on location, so each should have been smoothly wrapped. I've used this camera with much success for years (though it doesn't have all that many hours on it). Is there an internal setting I've missed? I'm going to really be in the soup if I've lost that day's worth of shooting. Any ideas? Please!

Thanks so much!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]