Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Line up a raw still with video frame grab.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

PHil SideLine up a raw still with video frame grab.
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:27:04 am

I have a still taken with a canon 60d. I also have movie footage, taken from exactly the same position. I want to match up the still pixel-for-pixel with the footage. The difficulty is that the still is 5184x3456 = 3:2 and the movie footage is 1920x1080 = 16:9

What I want to do, is take the still into Photoshop and crop/resize it so that it is 1920x1080, and it has a pixel-for-pixel match with the movie footage.

Looking at a screengrab from the footage, and comparing it to the still, it's clear that the still is cropped, but I haven't been able to work out exactly what sequence of actions will match the still to the screengrab.

A further complication is that 60d actually records at 1920x1088, not 1920x1080, although After Effects seems to ignore this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Line up a raw still with video frame grab. by PHil Side on Apr 11, 2012 at 10:27:04 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]