Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Cheap Backup Camera ?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Danny GrizzleRe: Cheap Backup Camera ?
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:31:15 pm

Canon EOS auto focus lenses can't be used on anything except Canon, as a practical matter.

The 10 Canon FD lenses I plan to use on the Sony NEX-7 are my old breach mount manual focus lenses. They were all purchased in the 1970's. Even though they are old, they are in perfect condition. I've spent decades with them, and I'm more sentimentally attached to them than any of my newer gear - although my set of EOS Tilt-Shift lenses come close. Something about auto focus I deeply distrust.

There is a fine line between speed / convenience and laziness / working sloppy. It is too easy, even for pros, to shoot some stuff in Program mode. Some of the stuff I shot in 1973, when I was a teenager with my first good camera (Canon TL-QL with a 50mm f/1.8 and a 135mm f/2.5) are better than what I was shooting 20 years later. I've been scanning my early chromes made at family reunions, for instance, and because I was deliberately working that 135mm wide open, they look great. Later on, I set the camera to Program mode when shooting "snapshots" of family -- and looking back, I regret not working harder on the pictures that matter the most to me.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]