Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Cheap Backup Camera ?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Danny GrizzleRe: Cheap Backup Camera ?
by on Nov 20, 2011 at 6:45:07 pm

I'm even more jazzed about the Sony HX9V today than I was yesterday.

Go to Amazon.com and search for "pico dolly". Perfect inexpensive tabletop dolly for the HX9V - in fact, the HX9V is featured in many of the promo videos.

I just bought the $99 Pico Dolly kit, which includes a flex arm and a carry bag. Cool.

BTW - I also purchased a Cinemover this morning from moveyourcamera.com. These are two different animals. The Pico Dolly is tiny and cool, but looks limited to smooth counter tops. A major plus is the Pico Dolly can be set to track on a radius, an added dimension similar to curved dolly track.

The Cinemover looks like a poor man's Kessler Shuttlepod, able to use improvised track that can be virtually anything that is smooth and straight with parallel sides, like a rail or a piece of lumber. Cinemover has the ability to use elevated track in rough terrain with dolly travel limited only by the length of improv rail you can find. I'm thinking a 12' board would easy to get -- a major increase over typical 3' slider limits, all at very low cost. You could run the thing beneath a car in your automotive production. I've seen neat shots with guys running a dolly move over things like a flowing stream, an impossible shot with a conventional dolly but easy considering propping up a board to create a bridge.

Both Pico Dolly and CineMover can carry cameras up to DSLR size.

The CineMover costs about $80.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]