Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Using a cheap camcorder as a deck (& other questions)

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel HarbridgeUsing a cheap camcorder as a deck (& other questions)
by on Mar 14, 2009 at 6:11:51 pm

I'm looking to set myself up as a videographer for a junior sports association this summer. I've been looking into purchasing a decent camcorder because prosumer equipment, as much as I would like to own it, is out of my price range. I've researched up and down through the HDD flash and hard drive camcorders, and found just too many issues be it battery life or editing compatibility with Final Cut Pro. So after days of research, I've ended up where I started, looking at the Canon HV30 as my best option.

The issue for me is that my budget for a full package is in the range of $1500 CDN. A HV30 package will run me around $900. A mini jack mic or XLR adapter pushes me up to $1100 or so (+ a mic if I go the XLR adapter route.) Then I need something to capture the DV tapes with, and a deck is not an option due to the price.

If I'm capturing HD footage shot on the HV30, do I need a camera equivalent to the HV30 to capture on? Or can I use a cheap standard def camcorder to capture with? (i.e. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10103916&ca... Will I lose resolution? Do I have other options?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Daniel

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]