Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - Slow transfer speeds.

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Preston OrrickWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - Slow transfer speeds.
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 3:26:06 pm

Here is the drive I just bought from Newegg:
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

My issue with the drive above is that the drive speeds are extremely slow. If I try to transfer a big file, like 200MB+, it starts out transferring very fast then gradually comes to a standstill and the transfer rate drops to below 1mb/sec, sometimes transferring only in kilobytes, and the transfer never finishes as it's going too slow.

I also have another internal Caviar Blue set up with my OS on it. I was planning on using the 1TB drive as a drive to have my video and project files on while I edit. I have transferred files between my External Hard Drive and my OS internal drive and the speeds are fine.

Is there a problem with this drive or is there something I can do? I have the 1TB drive formatted as NTFS and as one primary partition. I've ended up formatting it about 5 times now. Thanks in advance.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]