Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Hardware advice

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris CottonRe: Hardware advice
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 2:32:23 pm

Thanks for the info. Our network guy is currently on holiday so we aren't quite sure what speed I'm connected to the NAS at. Actually I'm not sure what video files we will be using - they are going to be raw files from a Nikon D5000, so, whatever format they use. If the extra HDD will stop the bottleneck the NAS is causing, an extra £25-50 is no problem whatsoever to buy an extra internal sata drive.

To be honest, we are a small toy company and will just be doing video editing to make videos for our toys, none of us are experienced hardcore video editors so we don't need the latest high end setup, it's just that currently when playing even 1 minute HD videos through vegas, we don't get realtime playback even with 1/4 size draft quality, which is no good when we need to edit to music as it's impossible to match up without having to render every 2 minutes.

The other problem is that each time I simply click on vegas in the taskbar to maximise it, it needs about 20 seconds before I can actually use it as it needs to load. The files in the timeline say "file offline" for that long, so I am assuming that is the time it takes for Vegas to read the files from the nas and what is in essence causing the bottleneck, as you say.

Anyway thanks for the information so far - if there is anything more you can offer based upon what I have just said, I would be grateful :)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]