Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: MacDrive 7 Problems on XP

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve PrestonRe: MacDrive 7 Problems on XP
by on Dec 21, 2008 at 8:07:21 pm

I sent my minidump crash into MediaFour, and they have confirmed ZoneAlarm is responsible, here is the info:

--------------

This is a conflict between the version of ZoneAlarm you're using and MacDrive. All versions of ZoneAlarm include (even if they don't offer the feature) a driver for Kaspersky Anti-Virus. In versions of ZoneAlarm that don't offer Anti-Virus capabilities, our experience has been that they do not update the Kaspersky AntiVirus driver (i.e. KLIF.SYS). Older versions of that driver have conflicts with MacDrive (and other software as observed by research we've conducted online).

Please contact ZoneAlarm for an updated version of KLIF.SYS, or, to remove ZoneAlarm (especially the KLIF.SYS driver) to resolve the instability you are experiencing.

-------------

I tried running MacDrive with ZoneAlarm switched off or inactive and it doesn't help. You have to completely remove it. I also removed other security software such as SpyBot, AVG, just to make sure. The next thing I'll do is ask ZoneAlarm about out of date Kaspersky on free ZoneAlarm and its conflicts.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]