Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Thanks

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim WilsonRe: Thanks
by on Dec 24, 2007 at 4:06:15 pm

Adobe supported Vista last January. It's Mac OS X LEOPARD that they've not yet added support for. And admittedly, their OS X problems have been much more limited than Leopard's problems for Final Cut Pro.

I'm not kidding. Check the FCP forum if you think I am. This too Apple shall fix of course.

As far as Vista's safety for YOU, you'll first want to use the Vista Upgrade Adviser app at microsoft.com. It checks your hardware, drivers, etc. and gives you a nice picture of what you you should be aware of.

Then swing by the website for your favorite applications for their word on Vista support. Then swing by your favorite Cow forums to see how it's working in practice. :-)

My experience suggests that Vista works spectacularly with systems that are firmly within the range of the specification. There are enormous problems for people who want the latest software with hardware that's not up to the task. Nothing unique to Windows there.

Vista also loves a clean install, as does Mac. Nothing unique there either.

My experience is also that Vista is faster on its fit, and every bit as stable as XP, but I was very conservative about doing my clean install on a fast machine...

...my Apple MacBook Pro, a very nice Windows Vista machine indeed. :-)

A fun if trivial note: a fresh install of Vista took about as much time as the upgrade to Leopard, and both were far, far faster than installing Adobe CS3!

As always, your mileage will vary, but that's how it looks from here.

tw

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]