Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

DVDSP DVDs only cropped or squished in certain players

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jessica LawheedDVDSP DVDs only cropped or squished in certain players
by on May 22, 2012 at 3:46:01 am

Hello All,

I have been searching the forums for this particular problem, but everyone else seems to have goofed on the HD thing or have title safe issues etc...

I am burning DVDs that work fine on some players and weird on others. I've learned that HDMI connected players will play better than those connected via component cables, but if we're submitting to festivals, I'd like to know that the film will play well regardless of what they're playing it on.

My workflow went from FCP straight to compressor with DVD BEST 150 min parameters, then those two files into DVDSP. I have burned 3 DVD's so far. 2 16:9 pan-scan, SD with a simple menu, one with lossless checked and one with it unchecked. Both of these work fine on Xbox/PS3 (both of which are connected via HDMI), but when put in my DVD player which is connected via component cables are severely cropped. The TV I am watching this on is widescreen HD tv.

Here is my build:
Starting DVD Build MM_032712...
Compiler Initializing...
Precompiling Project MM_032712
Compiling VMG Information...
Created 7 PGCs in VTSM1
Created 8 PGCs in VMG.
1 Menu(s) will be created...
Compiling Menu PGCs...
Compiling Menu#1 (Menu 1)...
Skipped Rendering Menu:Menu 1,Language:1.
Writing VIDEO_TS.VOB
1 VTSs and 1 Titles will be created...
Compiling VTS#1 (Mother's Milk-MPEG-2 3.7Mbps 2-pass)...
VOB up to date. Muxing skipped.
Linking VMG...
Linking VTS#1...
Writing VTS#1...
Writing VMG...
Writing Layout Info...
Compile Completed Successfully
Note: The directory ‘/Volumes/MM_01/dvd/Untitled.dspproj’ is not a DVD-Video directory and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Note: The file ‘MM_032712.layout’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Note: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Start formatting
Formatting as Standard DVD
Simulation mode is off
Lossless linking is off
Number of layers is 1
Doing side 1 of 1
Playable in region 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Disc size is 12 cm
Disc has no copyright material
Writing ISO 9660 directories
Writing UDF 1.02 structures
Writing files
Writing final UDF information
Formatting finished.

The other I burned 16:9 Letterbox, same simple menu, lossless checked. Again, in HDMI connected player it's fantastic, in component, it's squished- the letter box (duh) puts letter boxing on my 16:9 movie playing on my 16:9 TV. This was a trial since the other two didn't work.

Here is my build for that:
Starting DVD Build MM_032712...
Compiler Initializing...
Precompiling Project MM_032712
Compiling VMG Information...
Created 7 PGCs in VTSM1
Created 8 PGCs in VMG.
1 Menu(s) will be created...
Compiling Menu PGCs...
Compiling Menu#1 (Menu 1)...
Rendering Menu:Menu 1,Language:1...
Writing VIDEO_TS.VOB
1 VTSs and 1 Titles will be created...
Compiling VTS#1 (Mother's Milk-MPEG-2 3.7Mbps 2-pass)...
Muxing VTS_01_1.VOB
Done.
Linking VMG...
Linking VTS#1...
Writing VTS#1...
Writing VMG...
Writing Layout Info...
Compile Completed Successfully
Note: The directory ‘/Volumes/MM_01/dvd/Untitled.dspproj’ is not a DVD-Video directory and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Note: The file ‘MM_032712.layout’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Note: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.
Start formatting
Formatting as Standard DVD
Simulation mode is off
Lossless linking is on
Number of layers is 1
Doing side 1 of 1
Playable in region 1,2,3,4,5,6,8
Disc size is 12 cm
Disc has no copyright material
Writing ISO 9660 directories
Writing UDF 1.02 structures
Writing files
Writing final UDF information
Formatting finished.

Please help me to know what I need to do to get it to look right on my regular DVD player. If there is more specs you need, let me know what they are. Perhaps I'm just not searching the proper way to find the answer to this question, but I can't avoid not posting anymore.

Thanks,
Jessica

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]