Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

2D Animation quality poor when burned onto DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

eoghan dunne2D Animation quality poor when burned onto DVD
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:02:12 pm

Hey guys,
I wonder if anyone can offer me some suggestions for as i need to get my film sent out to festivals as soon as possible and am having a DVD quality crisis.

I'm having problems with my animation film when i put it onto DVD, the film looks pretty good on the computer but on DVD it looks awful, i'm getting illuminated white ghost like lines around the animation lines and characters, also i'm getting a shimmery psychadelic effect when the camera pans, the backgrounds dont get it at all though,just the animation or drawn layers. The colour and sound are deteriorated too.

i exported the original sequences from Toonboom as .mov files, then used Premiere Pro to put them together, then i exported the premiere pro film as an .avi file, i am compressing using Sorenson Squeeze to MPEG2, the film runs fine on my computer but on the dvd its quality is lost in the ways mentioned above,
The Toonboom details are as follows
Toonboom 720x576 25FPS :1.250000 4:3;12 Fields
exported as quicktime .mov sequences and as animation interlaced

In premiere Pro and Sorenson Squeeze i use the same 720x576 resolution.
I have tried changing the bit rates and various settings,
I have burned over 20 DVDs in various settings but no luck,
i have used various DVD players too so that is not the problem either,

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions i would deeply appreciate it as i have worked hard for 7 months on this animation and it is quite worrying if the quality is so bad,
Hope to hear from someone,
Thanks,
Eoghan Dunne.

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • 2D Animation quality poor when burned onto DVD by eoghan dunne on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:02:12 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]