Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Strangely corrupt VOB files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan CapraStrangely corrupt VOB files
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:10:46 pm

This is mostly a post-authoring question... as I am trying to pull video off a disc I mastered a few years ago.

I was trying to extract a DVD I made to MPEG or MOV files using MPEG Streamclip on my Mac. It would get near the end and conk out with a Read Error. I tried it on multiple Macs and got the same thing.

I did notice it was scratched a little, so I figured it was that. But I contacted a friend who I had given a copy to and asked to drop by with my MacBook so I could rip it.

When I got there, he had already just copied the VIDEO_TS folder to the desktop of his Windows laptop. So I just put a blank DVD-R into his drive and copied the VIDEO_TS folder to the root of the blank disc and burned.

The resultant disc seemed to play fine. But when I tried to extract again using MPEG Streamclip, it conked out with a Read Error again in pretty much the same spot. The funny thing is, if I try to copy the VIDEO_TS folder off this newly burned disc to the desktop of my MacBook, the basic file copy in Finder fails, roughly around the same percentage through as it did in Streamclip. That says to me it's not an MPEG-specific issue.

Thoughts?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Strangely corrupt VOB files by Jonathan Capra on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:10:46 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]