Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

DVDSP Anti-aliasing

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

zoe schackDVDSP Anti-aliasing
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 8:08:03 am

I am building a greyscale overlay DVD menu in photoshop. It is 16x9 so I started with artwork 1920x1080. It looked crunchy and I read the other posts regarding anti-aliasing using DVDSP so I resized one of my 6 menus to 864x480 which is what fits in the 16x9 window. The fonts with that size look much worse than the larger size menu. I have to finish this DVD menu tomorrow and am trying to keep with this font. I have tried bringing in tiffs and picts for the overlay.

Is there anyway to bring in a vector image for the text?
I am using Clarendon LT Std Light and Bold as my fonts and I know that they are thin fonts but that is what the artist wants as it matches the artwork the artist is using for the rest of the DVD packaging.

I know there have been many posts about anti-aliasing in DVDSP and I have read them.
Sorry to repost this issue but is there any way to keep my font and make it look professional?
I have never made a motion menu before but is that the way to go? If so - can I make a motion menu that acts as an overlay menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]