Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

The very basics - DVD burn

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant PeacockThe very basics - DVD burn
by on May 29, 2009 at 2:13:25 pm

Good morning everyone,

I have a 55 minute edit (from Final Cut Pro5.1.4) - 11.5 GB when exported as a QuickTime movie.

I'm confused - what is one method of burning a DVD review copy? There seem to be multiple ways to go about this. In principle, it would seem that I'd want to compress the content around 60%, to stay within the volume constraints of a DVD-R.

I first compressed the project using Compressor2, ending up with 3 files - with naming suffixes -AIFF 48/16.aiff, -Dolby 2.0.ac3, -MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 2-pass 4/3.m2v. (The Compressor2 menu choice that I went with was 'DVD Best Quality 90 mins 4:3')

The files sizes all look good for fitting within a DVD (largest now being 2.35GB) .... what is the next step?

I've already burned one disc (DVD-R, using MacBook Pro disc burning function), and when completed, the built-in DVD player software will not recognize it. I see that the files have copied over with the same names and file sizes.... I do notice that the DVD player window makes reference to 'a media folder to play'. I have these 3 files straight on the DVD disc, so this might be the missing piece of the puzzle.

I am burning a review copy for the client to begin with, but my understanding is that once they have signed off on the final version, my best bet is to do a data-type burn, so that they can most easily load the project to their website.

Confusion dominates right now! I see possible options for completing this copy using DVD-StudioPro4, Compressor2, Disk Utility... finding a way through the information and choices is proving so far to be impossible.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]