Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: What do I send to replicator for CSS DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave FriendRe: What do I send to replicator for CSS DVD?
by on Oct 3, 2008 at 8:36:42 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "my understanding was that to use CSS you had to submit the project on DLT tape."

Jeff,

It has changed. Several authoring tools allow output of the DDP files to a hard drive. DVDSP and Scenarist are the two I know for sure that can. The resulting files can be burned onto a DVD and many (most?) replicators can and will replicate from these data discs.

Not that this method isn't without peril. There are several experts that recommend against it.

One possible problem is that the replicator will make thousands of perfect copies of the DDP files. Not good. Make sure you clearly label the disc to indicate that it contains DDP files. Doesn't hurt to make sure that your sales person at the replication house acknowledges they clearly understand what you are providing as a master.

Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]