Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

help with transferring from Avid 5.6.4 -> Encore 2.0

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

worldwiserhelp with transferring from Avid 5.6.4 -> Encore 2.0
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 6:56:01 pm

Hi all,
I've spent all afternoon trying to figure out the best way to get my edited Avid PAL project onto DVD. Avid exports a fantastic Quicktime Movie and the resolution is lovely. However, trying to import this into Encore yields the error message: "must have a resolution of 720x576 or 704x576". Now, I've tried, but Avid doesn't allow you to adjust resolution settings for Quicktime files. I'd heard that Quicktime is the industry standard so was surprised that it didn't work :-(

I've tried exporting as a .wmv file but it takes forEVER, the quality is awful and the 16:9 ratio of my footage is not respected.

I'd be so grateful if someone could let me know what is the best way to export from Avid into Encore in the quickest time with the lowest loss of quality and with 16:9 ratio respected.

You're all lovely for helping!!
Simon

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]