Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: DVD Rom Formatting

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex AlexzanderRe: DVD Rom Formatting
by on Aug 12, 2005 at 2:44:40 am

It sounds right to me James. This is from the Rom Formatter help file:

To add Macintosh compatibility to a ROM file:

1. Copy the Macintosh files to the computer running ROM Formatter, through a network connection or from removable media.

2. Add the files to the Files List. See Adding ROM Files.
In the Files List, select the file or folder you want to specify as Macintosh format.

3. Choose Project > Toggle Macintosh File.
If an individual file was selected, only it is identified as a Macintosh file. Its icon in the Files List changes to an Apple icon.

If a folder was selected, all files within the folder are identified as Macintosh files. Their icons in the Files List change to an Apple icon.

Now, here is the trick though. If you ask for properties on this file from Rom Formatter, it will say: Macintosh information not found. This is because my NT box running Rom Formatter doesn't have an application such as MacOpener. I tried going over the network, via CD, and so on, but I think James is right on target. Without something that preserves the resource fork, it does look hopeless to me. At least with the file I have from you. I tried a few varying files in OS X and had the same results. I went ahead and make three samples anyway, then tested them in the Mac, and none of the samples had files the Mac understood.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]