Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Re: technique and pricing for simple DVD conversions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

BrAd SRe: technique and pricing for simple DVD conversions
by on Jun 13, 2005 at 8:40:56 pm

I love the idea of bringing on a set top DVD recorder for the small jobs. Instead of sending people to the local wedding guy, I can actually make some money on the call, "I've got some home movies I'd like to transfere to DVD." Also, I could easily send out screening DVDs instead of screending VHS copies.

Question:
Which, if any, of the models allow for menu's and chapters markers? If they burn directly from a VHS, do you have to sit through the whole thing to add chapter markers, or can you do that later?
Also, can these recorders handle really bad video? What happens when a client brings in a very poor VHS tape? (aren't they all?) Does it just gloss over sync loss and torn video?

All I need is to talk to someone who's used these, instead of a sales guy at best buy.

Thanks,
BrAD

Praise to the COW

BrAd Steiner
ImageWorks Media Group

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter