Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Advice and Tips for Green Screen Project

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kris VeenisRe: Advice and Tips for Green Screen Project
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:06:51 pm

Angelo,

Thanks for your detailed response. A few follow up questions:

1) Thank you for confirming that out of my options my best bet would be the gh2, this is what my research had lead me to believe but I wanted to hear back from someone to help me confirm what I had been guessing. Question about shooting format for the GH2, I am assuming from what I am reading that if I'm shooting with one of the high bit rate hacks, which I plan on doing, should I be shooting 24p rather than 1080/60i, Is this correct?

2) if shooting with an external recorder like the atomos via the hdmi out on the gh2, "you said to be shooting with a clean signal without any display overlays?" By this do you mean that I should have all the indicators on the lcd like the histogram, ect. turned off?

3) I am not certain I will have budget to rent spacelights, but I will have access to a number of fresnels as well as at least 3 1000watt softboxes and I can obtain the frames and frost diffusion as well. With that in mind in my reading I have found suggested that I as evenly as possible light the green screen and then also try to light the subject carefully to prevent extra spill so that the subject can be as fully defined from the background as possible, is this correct? My main concern since I haven't done extensive greenscreen work is in not creating enough detail seperation between the subject and greenscreen and that causing it be be harder to key out the greenscreen in post, any thoughts on general lighting techniques would be greatly appreciated.

4) To your last point about avoiding shooting full body shots, is this because it just creates a situation where there is physically more subject matter to deal with, why in general does this situation make the subject harder to key is it because of greenscreen color spillage? Related question, would you recommend then to generally stay in close up or medium shot on the subject?

Best,

Kris

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]