Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Pick My Camera For Me

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

christopher pupilloRe: Pick My Camera For Me
by on May 9, 2012 at 7:02:05 pm

Jason, I agree but what we do in the corporate video world isn't about making art, no matter how much we might want it to be. It's ultimately about solving a clients communications problems within a given set of circumstances, circumstances which often require a smooth zoom.

I'm excited by the creative visual options many of these new lower cost, thin DOF-capable cameras can deliver and equally excited that some clients see the value in this look. But the simple truth (for me) is that many of my clients and much of my local market is made up of very small businesses who place less value of video as a creative art form and more emphasis on cost, efficiency, etc.

I'm simply interested in learning whether or not a camera or combination of camera+lens+DOF adapter/gadget can bring the best of both worlds - a servo zoom for everyday run-and-gun work and shallow DOF for more the creative projects.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]