Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Any tips for shooting from a Cessna plane?

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: Any tips for shooting from a Cessna plane?
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:42:53 pm

"The shot: Sweeping shot, the plane comes from west to east following the coastline, Im on the left side of the plane and I am seeing big white cliffs and bits of coast (south coast of England), we go up above the cliff and start turning to the north, where there is a grassy plain on top of the cliff were a woman is walking in a circle. The plane circles above her anticlockwise."

I don't care if Biggles AND Dan Dare are piloting: this isn't going to work, not in a single pass, and the woman is going to be a tiny shaky blob somewhere in the middle of your frame. Do you even know what the minimum legal altitude is for the grassy plain location? Because to get this shot, you're going to be below it. And your minimum level airspeed plus a 2-minute turn means you'll be shooting from more than half a mile away, or using such an extreme bank angle that you'd be in real danger of a stall and crash.

You need a helo for this, or....

Make this a CGI shot, where the camera is magic.
Shoot your singe on a green stage on a turntable or with a circular dolly track. Key her into CGI terrain. or CGI mixed with a wide shot from the plane.

I can't believe you can't find an RC plane/helo guy willing to help you for less than the gas and rental on the Cessna.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]