Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Any tips for shooting from a Cessna plane?

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd TerryRe: Any tips for shooting from a Cessna plane?
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 4:00:15 pm

[Diego Barraza] "There seems to be some disagreement about shutter speed, Todd is saying low shutter speed i.e. 50th/sec and David from aerial academy is saying high shutter speed i.e. 1/1000Sec."

Well David is right that he says that would yield a good photograph...as he said, "photograph." As in a still photograph. I'm not sure he knows that you are talking about motion photography.

That high shutter speed will give you sharp images, yes... sharp images that, when stitched together and played back at 24 frames a second... will look very sharp and staccato and stuttery. As I said in my earlier post, if nice smooth motion is what you are after, you should shoot at a more "normal" shutter speed to give you the proper motion blur that your brain needs to interpret everything as nice and fluid. And in the case of 24fps shooting, "normal" would be, yes about a 1/50th shutter.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]