Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

shooting/compositing a person falling from a great height

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin Knutsonshooting/compositing a person falling from a great height
by on Mar 27, 2012 at 3:44:38 am

Hey All-

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here:

My buddy and I want to create a short piece that more or less is a combination of shots tracking a person falling from an 11 story building. That is... all the shots are falling WITH the person (some full body). All of it overcranked to last maybe 30-60 seconds. Angles would include directly in front of the person, directly to the side, and directly under.

I've never really pulled off an ambitious shot like this, so hoping for some guidance.

It seems to me, we'd need a truck crane with a harness, a fan for wind, and would need to shift around a green/blue screen to accommodate the variety of angels. But I'm concerned about realism of motion. With the harness, theres not much forward momentum, and with overcranked motion, that seems pretty important.

Soooo....

a) is this the most practical approach for a shot like this?

b) is there another creative way to achieve it?

Also, I'm concerned about slr overcranking being limited to 60fps. But would 100 fps be enough either?

NOTE: I have access to studios with 25ft ceilings, and support gear, and a few cameras. But not infinite resources. We're just doing this because it sounds fun, so unfortunately, can't just expense a bunch of toys to a client.

Thanks.

***Also, if you suggest this post would be best answered elsewhere on this site, I'm all ears [eyes?]

visit Very Loud Ideas

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]