Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Fresh out of school, low budget, don't know what route to go for my camera

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn MillerRe: Fresh out of school, low budget, don't know what route to go for my camera
by on May 23, 2011 at 8:52:30 pm

"To add much-needed further clarity to any argument inherent in your post:"

Hmmm... I'm not sure I made any arguments here. I just stated that the AF100 and FS100 don't record uncompressed signals internally (not everyone knows that, BTW), and I didn't say anything about the signals that any DSLR outputs... so I'm not sure how there could be any 'argument inherent in my post' about that.

At any rate, I'm not trying to start a fight, or imply that you've made some sort of false statement about the limits of DSLR recording or the h.264 CODEC. I'm only 'clarifying' that the AF100 and the FS100 both record MPEG4 internally... that's it. What I should have said was, "If you wan't to capture uncompressed video with the Af100 or the FS100, you'll need an external recorder. There is no internal mechanism for doing this on either camera."

Thanks,

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]