Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Power distribution problems

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon BrownRe: Power distribution problems
by on Feb 9, 2009 at 4:09:33 pm

I've been reading the post and I have a solution for you. You can get clean power from either the oven or the clothes dryer (depending on location). These appliances require two separate circuits for them to operate and, depending on the appliance, are up to 40 Amps per side. These are usually tied to break together if it's tripped. The wiring of these receptacles are two hot leads (usually one black and one red), one neutral (white), and one ground (green or bare copper lead). If you are handy, the plug, wires, connectors, plug sockets for your lights, are all found at your local hardware store. One hot lead will go to one side of your 4-way box, the hot lead will go to the other side. If you want to be able to get some length from out of the appliance socket, just use some cable that's the same size as the appliance between the plug and the hand-made 4-way box. I think you could even get a plug-adapter that changes the plug from stove to standard house socket (I think it's for gas stoves that require power for the electronics.) Both options require pulling out the stove and unplugging the appliance.
For the DIY adverse, you could go to the nearest film grip/electric rental house and rent one for a nominal fee.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]