Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Simple Starter Light Kit Suggestions Needed

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

todd mcmullenRe: Simple Starter Light Kit Suggestions Needed
by on May 3, 2006 at 12:13:18 am

hmm, really your own style and look,

maybe a small fresnel w/ barn doors-100 to 300 watt for a kicker or special, a couple of china balls for key, with your own bulbs, daylight or tungsten, easy to fold up, a 300 watt or 1k par for a background light or a hot special and a roll of black wrap and c-47's(clothspins)
a couple of special color gels and some diffusion, 250, opal, etc.. oh get or make a couple of dimmers that you can put practical lights into.
stands and a couple of sand bags.

this should make a nice small package that you could manage. You will have to experiement with shooting windows during the day they may blow out
or they may not. If you do see the actual window and light source you may have to balance the subject with the light coming through(or close) and that will require you to pump up the volume of the light on the subject which will get them hot and uncomfortable. I try not to see window if it is too hot. I will simulate window source by using par in background or on the lower part of the subject.

I just did an interview with a 1k par and a small 2 bulb kino flow. simple yet tasty.

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
Cinematography Forum Leader

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy