Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

Re: Setting up 3D desert scene

COW Forums : DigiEffects

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darby EdelenRe: Setting up 3D desert scene
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:41:38 am

[Moog Gravett] "2) I want to have a natural atmosphere / colour / saturation fall off as the scene reaches the horizon. How can I achieve this?"

I've never used this suite of effects, but it claims to do what you're asking about:

http://digieffects.com/product/buena_depth_cue#features

The alternative is laborious, involves expressions, and doesn't always work depending on the scene.

[Moog Gravett] "3) I'd quite like to have a heat haze, but only affecting the rear of the scene. I'm going to try and set up a distortion on a plane and place it in the 3D scene, but the plane would probably need to be really large. Is there a more efficient way? Maybe using an adjustment layer?"

If the layer is going to remain distant from the camera then it does not need to be high resolution. Around the resolution of your composition should be fine. As you move this layer away from the camera you can scale it up and lose no detail in the image.

The best way I can recommend to do this is to use an adjustment layer with Distort > Displacement Map and Blur & Sharpen > Compound Blur. If you pre-compose the 3D "heat haze" displacement source and collapse transformations then you just have to point those effects to that pre-comp.

I can upload an example file if you're interested.

Darby Edelen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]