Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: How to light subject (interior shot) and expose for background through window (exterior)?

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ColeRe: How to light subject (interior shot) and expose for background through window (exterior)?
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 3:10:05 pm

[Todd Terry] "actually what I use is from Hancock Fabrics"

Right! I'm so used to hearing about the wonders of Harbor Freight here that I transposed that. I got it from Hancock Fabrics too: "Window Tinting Film," $3.97/yd, 54" wide - the opposite end of the price spectrum from RoscoView ($700 for 56"x9')!

And there is also the camera itself. You can select a camera with wide dynamic range, adjust your camera's picture profile, and use a lower knee setting to bring that bright window into a better exposure. (Alister Chapman's video on XDCAM Gamma Curves and Knee, which I believe is on the COW as well as his website and YouTube, has a great before-and-after comparison of how dropping the knee to 85 by itself allows you to see detail in a blown-out window.)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]