Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: So is there any real competition to light panels 1x1?

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis SizeRe: So is there any real competition to light panels 1x1?
by on Mar 17, 2012 at 6:35:02 am

There are several fixtures we're using in addition to Lite Panels ....depending on the need, the studio, and the budget. Many of these fixtures are far brighter also.
You should check out the PRG NILA line of LED instruments -- which are used extensively in the field and in smaller studio applications. The Nila Boxer, an LED fixture at 250w, has the output of a 1500w Tungsten fresnel or an 800w HMI. The Nila SL, at 900w, matches a 6kw.
On the lower end we also use a lot of Elation products such as the ELATION OPTI QUAD LED PAR.
A personal favorite is the Philips Color Kinetics LED eWhite fixture -- which provides very good tungsten balance color rendition. I'm lighting a small studio next week using several dozen of them.
Many of my collegues swear by the Color Kinetics iWhite Blast TR -- in which you can dial in 3200 to 5600 kelvin. City Theatrical actually sells them in kits for ENG use.
The ARRI Broadcaster/ and Locaster fixtures are also excellent for ENG work.
I just saw a demo of a small LED softlight by PRG called the TruColor HS...WOW!
The better instrumentation, unfortunately, aren't cheap, but it's not easy being "green".

DS

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]