Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Thoughts on this fluorescent + LED Light setup for mostly Interviews

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David TurnerRe: Thoughts on this fluorescent + LED Light setup for mostly Interviews
by on Mar 13, 2012 at 7:22:14 pm

Hey Bill,

Thanks so much for your 2nd response!

Your comments on the barn doors and LED lights is exactly the info I was looking for. The units I posted from Cool Lights have regular 4 way barn-doors, but as you mentioned, the flat panel units are not easily cut or shaped by barn doors or the like. That's good to know and definitely factors in my decision.

I am set on using the Cool Lights fluorescent as a soft key that I will get a lot of use out of. Your response that they are a legitimate company was good enough for me to save $500 by getting this instead of the Kino Diva.

As for my other two lights, I could use some advice. I am a little bummed about not being able to have any battery powered lights for ultra-portability and super run and gun situations. What two other lights would you suggest to complete my small kit?

They purpose of them would have to be 1 to complete an interview lighting kit and 2 to have some flexibility for other applications. Is an Arri 650 & 150 a good choice (or a cheaper but equivalent lights to these?)

So I was thinking Flo light, 2 others I could use an opinion on, and this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/358636-REG/Impact_R1642_Collapsible_C... for fill if I need it.

Craig was talking about the fluorescent units, but as a comment to Craig, these are best used for a very soft light with very little control. The Kino Flo Diva has only 2 "barn doors" (if you can call them that on these models) too.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]