Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Thoughts on this fluorescent + LED Light setup for mostly Interviews

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David TurnerThoughts on this fluorescent + LED Light setup for mostly Interviews
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:19:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I have done a lot of reading on here with people talking about using some of the Cool lights from "coollights.biz" for their setups.

I need to invest in a small 3 light kit that I can use for interviews, occasional run and gun stuff, and even the occasional documentary situation where a little battery powered light may help.

My favorite light is the Kino Flo Diva 400. I have used this many times (with a company that owned one) and it is a beautiful soft light for interviews & the like. Alas, it is expensive, which is what led me eventually to Cool Lights. I would love to hear more general opinions on Cool Lights, but seeing that I was able to read through a number of threads on this forum about people using them (with no real bad reviews) I figure they are safe (I hope!).

I am thinking of these three lights and would love to have you guys weigh in:

http://www.coollights.biz/cl455p-cool-lights-portable-watt-softlight-p-67.h...
---- This is an imitation Diva lite that goes for almost $500 less than the Diva does at B&H. I was thinking this for my Key.

http://www.coollights.biz/clled600-panel-dimmable-p-114.html
---- This is a dimmable LED light that I was thinking of using for a Background light or Fill light (if I needed it). I was thinking of getting the Spot version in Daylight balanced and with the Battery Pack option so I can use it really on the fly. I was thinking Daylight because maybe I would use it more with natural light from windows or even outdoors at times.
---- Does anyone have an opinion on getting this in the softer option instead of Spot? How about 3200 instead of 5600?

http://www.coollights.biz/clled256-spot-p-126.html
----- This is another LED smaller light. I was thinking of using this for an edge/hair light and if I ever needed to really run around with just a tiny extra light. I was also thinking of getting this in 3200K. I wish this was dimmable, so anyone who knows of something similarly priced that is dimmable, I'd love to hear it! (especially because this is currently out of stock).

Any comments on the following would greatly help"
-- Integrity of Cool Lights as a company.
-- Opinions on these three lights.
-- Opinions on the options: specifically using all 3200L lights/getting some 5600k, Spot v. Flood for the one light, etc.
-- Opinions on my ideas of this three light setup in general.
-- Brilliant ideas that I am too dim to come up with and will blow my mind.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]