Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Please recommend Light for lighting backgrounds during interviews

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis SizeRe: Please recommend Light for lighting backgrounds during interviews
by on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:34:23 am

"Even a 55degree leko is going to have trouble filling the front of a 3x4 Chimera from the distance of a common speed ring, isn't it? How do you get it to fill the front silk?

BILL: I'm very sorry, I got so long-winded in my response to lighting with lekos that I forgot to answer your direct question above.
I get the beam of light to fill the entire front silk in a lightbank by simply removing the lens barrel, creating a strong, wide, fairly diffuse light source. I've even taped tough spun over it to make a softlight. Shoot it through a diffuser to make it even softer if you wish.
Experiment and have fun. Just because a company makes an instrument to do one function, it doesn't mean you must use it for that function -- as is evidenced by the dozens of HOME DEPOT L.D.'s supplying their "Rube Goldberg" techniques to the FORUM over the years.

DS

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]