Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Lighting a Nightclub...

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chuck PurnellLighting a Nightclub...
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 8:21:19 am

Anybody ever light a nightclub along with the existing club lights (lasers, disco lights, etc?) I am in the early planning stages for shooting a music video and the treatment will call for a scene to be shot in a nightclub.

My question is: I want to be able to use some of the laser and disco lights the club has to offer but I am going to have to be able to throw some light on the talent's face without it falling off into the "club" light I mentioned above.

Also what is the best way once all lights are on, to keep it looking somewhat dark. Doesn't have to be 100% dark but want to make it still feel like a club. I sat in on a music video shoot a few years ago that was shot in a club and the crew had a ton of lights and it didn't really feel like a club. I most likely will be using something along the lines of a Litepanels LED either on camera or a few 1x1's on a stand.

I am still scouting clubs to shoot in so I can't say how big a space I am going to need but I envision using about 50-100 people to pack the dance floor area and all shooting will take place there. I am guessing a lot of my lights would have to be flagged so they don't fall off into the "club lights too huh?

Thanks!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]