Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Lighting a School classroom

COW Forums : Lighting Design Pros

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel SchultzRe: Lighting a School classroom
by on Dec 30, 2009 at 4:55:49 am

Hi Craig,

Your comments most appreciated.
Good idea with the setting up of kids in chairs/desks not facing the windows. Good point, also, about making sure ahead of time kids are where I want them to be to avoid moving them...and the bit of allowing 15 minutes of pre-shooting to allow everyone to get comfortable.

Sound: I was thinking of giving the teacher a wireless lav, and then either using a shotgun mounted on the camera or a boom (if I can get an operator) to move in for the kids to go into the second channel. I always prefer tripod when I can, but with the kids, I'm thinking if I get in close with wide angles, I'll avoid camera shake, and also if I'm using a cam-mounted shotgun, I'll get okay sound? That was my strategy I had in mind. I like getting very close in for the kids, and my cam's better at wide angles than zooming.

What're your thoughts, and appreciate your comments.

Out of curiosity, what types of classroom shoots have you done?

Dan S.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]