Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Re: Using Automatic Duck to import Avid files to Final Cut pro

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard SanchezRe: Using Automatic Duck to import Avid files to Final Cut pro
by on Jul 27, 2012 at 10:41:02 pm

There is no way to use the project file, it has to be an AAF. You should be able to batch capture HD, since it will only be looking at offline master clips. How good is it? Considering what it does, it's amazing. If you're expecting your sequence to come in 1:1, it won't even be close. There are a variety of effects that simply don't translate, and if mixing of frame rates were done, those are incredibly problematic. I find in general, going from Avid to FCP was always less painful than from FCP to Avid. That said, my recommendation would be to start Avid and finish Avid. Switching NLEs mid project is a very labor intensive process, and from my perspective as an AE, it's a very difficult thing to control the expectation from producers who expecting it to magically convert everything with no hitches.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]